Thursday, March 15, 2012

Back to my blog with cauliflower recipe- Yum.

I haven't posted anything since I closed my consulting business and started to work at Threshold Enterprises in October--just too busy. But this seems like a good place to write notes for myself (and anyone else who is interested) on food I cook that turns out well and that I want to remember and repeat.

So here is an addictive cauliflower dish I made tonight- from past experience I know that kids love this finger food.

I cut out and discarded the thick stem from a large white head of cauliflower, and broke and cut the rest into what I call flowerettes, anywhere from 1-3 inches long, and spread them in a 10x13" baking pan.

Next I crushed 2 large unpeeled cloves of garlic in my garlic press into a measuring cup, added 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, and mixed them up. If you don't have a garlic press that you can use on unpeeled cloves, get one- it is the greatest.

I spooned the oil mixture onto the cauliflower and mixed it up with my hands, then added a little more olive oil (whether you need extra or not will depend on the size of your cauliflower), mixed it up, sprinkled it generously with salt, and put it into a 400 degree oven.

Then every 10 minutes I stirred it until tender and browned a bit. If you have little pieces of cauliflower it may be done in 20 minutes. Bigger pieces that are crowded may take 40 minutes. The timing isn't crucial and it tastes great fresh out of the oven or a while later.

No comments: